Before its announcement in January 2023, Amazon allowed customers to dedicate a percentage (0.5%) of their purchases to a not-for-profit of their choosing. It was called AmazonSmile. Through our donors, Teen Mother Choices International (TMCI) has received nearly $1,000 from AmazonSmile since 2014. “Thank You” to those who designated TMCI as your recipient.
As of February 20, 2023, Amazon informed its customers that this service would no longer be available. If you’d like to learn more, follow this link:
If you’re wondering, “Now that AmazonSmile is no longer available, how can I donate to TMCI?” Here are some options to consider:
- Does your workplace offer an “Employee Matching Donation” campaign? Many larger companies like Abbott and Abbvie Laboratories, VMware, and AT&T allow their employees to designate a certain amount to a not-for-profit that will be deducted from their paycheck. The Employer will then match that amount as a benefit to their employee.
- Does your financial advisor offer the opportunity to “invest” in causes you believe in, like TMCI? The financial group, Thrivent, offers several TMCI donors the opportunity to “invest” through them.
- Our “official” name is Teen Mother Choices International
- We are a recognized 501(c)3 organization
- Our Taxpayer Identification Number (or EIN) is 20-3615583
We’re sure these are only a few alternatives for donating to TMCI. If you know of any other, please get in touch with us at [email protected] and share your ideas.