- Less than 4% of all babies born to teen mothers will be placed for adoption!
- The United States has more teen mothers than any other country in the world!
- 51% of all teen mothers will never finish high school!
Teen Mother Choices’ Statistics
Since 1989, over 400 teen mothers have found practical assistance through Teen Mother Choices. Of those 400 mothers, 90% of them have “graduated” themselves out of the program or are currently working towards “graduation”. That is to say, they have come to a point in their lives where they feel they have become able to live independently away from the support of Teen Mother Choices. Of those 90% who have graduated from TMC:
- 100% of those teen mothers needing to complete their high school education or technical certificate program, did so!
- Full-time employment was attained by 98% of teen mothers who chose not to pursue further education!
- Of those eligible for college or trade school 93% chose to further their education!
- Only 13 teen mothers were asked to leave the program because they had subsequent pregnancies while they participated in the program!
In 2010, 10 TMC graduates met together to form a TMC Alumni group to support the ministry of Teen Mother Choices through volunteering time, raising awarenss and needed funds. TMC Alumni also meet socially for personal, emotional and spiritual growth.